Upgrade from 10.9 to 10.9.1

11-28-2021 12:13 PM
GIS_AdminCity_of_Charlottetown
New Contributor II

Tried to upgrade from 10.9 to 10.9.1 and started having issues trying to configure the web adaptor; so I went back to 10.9 and now I am getting this error in my log file

"The process monitor did not find the connection to the configuration store. The site may not have been initialized. After the site is initialized, the check for database processes will be reattempted"

I think it is an issue trying to re federate and I cannot find any documentation to help me resolve it.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I would go back and uninstall the web adaptor, then make sure that the web adaptor is unregistered through the portal admin page.  I would then start over with the 10.9.1 upgrade. Sometimes deleting the portal web adaptor alone will not unregister it from portal and that can cause problems.  Make sure to note the context of the Web Adaptor before you uninstall it.

GIS_AdminCity_of_Charlottetown
New Contributor II

I think this is what ended up fixing it from what I understand. I was actually away from the Office for the last week and IT took over with Esri Support.

Thank you for the response though.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry, but what actually ended up fixing it?  You say 'I think this is what ended up fixing it from what I understand . . . "

0 Kudos
Oiligriv
Occasional Contributor

I also encountered a strange error.
my enterprise is updated with each release and started from version 10.6.1 up to 10.9 never had any problems.
updating from 10.9 to 10.9.1 the webadaptor registers on the server but not immediately after when I check the registration, the web page says that no server is accessible.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Oiligriv  - I too am prepping for the 10.9 - 10.9.1 upgrade.  When you say the webadaptor registers on the server, do you mean the hosting server, a federated server (or both)?  Or/Also the webadaptor for portal?  I have had to, in the past, go back into portal and re-register web adaptors but never for server .  . . 

0 Kudos
Oiligriv
Occasional Contributor

my installation is with only one ArcGIS Server (Hosted)

the upgrade went great for all components
WebAdaptor (Portal) ok
ArcGIS Portal (ok)
WebAdaptor (Server) ko (impossibile registration)
ArcGIS Server (ok)
ArcGIS Datastore (ok)

after the upgrade I realized that I had not cleaned / uninstalled the following applications,
ArcGIS Insight 2021.1.1 Help Language Pack
ArcGIS Insight 2021.1.1
ArcGIS Excalibur 2.2
ArcGIS WorkFlow Manager Server 10.9
ArcGIS WorkFlow Manager 10.9 Web App

after a snapshot restore, I am now uninstalling the "AddON" applications before performing the upgrade.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

you shouldn't have to do all that - I'm not reading anywhere in the upgrade help 

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/install/windows/upgrade-portal-for-arcgis.htm

where you need to uninstall the addons - but we're not using those components so I'm sure you know better than I. 

For us, the only thing I have ever had to do was check to make sure the web adaptors for portal and server were in fact unregistered after I uninstalled them from our web server e.g.

https://myDNSName:6443/arcgis/admin/system/webadaptors/long-alphanumeric-name/unregister

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hey @Oiligriv , I just saw this, my apologies

• If you configured ArcGIS Insights, you must uninstall ArcGIS Insights prior to upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise. After the upgrade is complete, you need to install a compatible version of  ArcGIS Insights.
0 Kudos
Oiligriv
Occasional Contributor

Hello
after re-running the restore of the Portal
- Uninstalled any ArcGIS Enterprise add-ons
- Upgraded all ArcGIS Enterprise Portal + ArcGIS Server + Datastore
- (I know this is wrong) Login test via WebAdaptor 10.9 everything ok
-Upgrade WebAdaptor Portal 10.9 to 10.9.1 ok
-Upgrade WebAdaptor Server 10.9 to 10.9.1 registration is successful, but the server is not accessible.

Oiligriv_0-1639039108698.png

Oiligriv_1-1639039130419.png

0 Kudos