Upgrade from 10.9.1 to Enterprise 11.1

05-26-2023 08:41 PM
Labels (1)
SFA
by
New Contributor II

Hi, 

While upgrading Portal for ArcGIS 10.9.1 to 11.1, the step where it updates the database, fails. Has anyone had that before?  

SFA_1-1685158746280.png

Below is the text that extracted from the log: 

psql:C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Portal/framework/template/sql/10.9.1_to_11.0.0/alter_table.sql:17: NOTICE: constraint "gw_accounts_email_send_status_ibfk_1" of relation "gw_accounts_email_send_status" does not exist, skipping ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE ALTER TABLE

psql:C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Portal/framework/template/sql/10.9.1_to_11.0.0/alter_table.sql:61: NOTICE: table "gw_users_security_keys" does not exist, skipping DROP TABLE CREATE TABLE Clean and upgrade database schema failed.

Review the logs for more information.

Failed to update the database schema with C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template\sql\10.9.1_to_11.0.0\alter_table.sql file during the upgrade. 

12 Replies
C_M_F
by
New Contributor

I am getting the same error, did you find a way to resolve this?

0 Kudos
SFA
by
New Contributor II

Hi, 

Nope. Not yet...

0 Kudos
C_M_F
by
New Contributor

I restarted the server and re-tried the upgrade and it seems to have upgraded fine now. Not sure if you've tried that but maybe do and see if it works for you. 

0 Kudos
GISFunctionalGroup
New Contributor III

Hi , 

WE found the same error while upgrading from 10.8.1 to 11.0 . we have restarted the machine & it progressed wihtout any error message. Hope it helps.

Regards

GIS Functional Group 

0 Kudos
SFA
by
New Contributor II

Hi, 
Lucky you 🙂 

0 Kudos
SFA
by
New Contributor II

Hi, 
I tried that, didn't work. Will try again, but, this time I will turn off Anti-virus and firewall. Lets see what happens. 

0 Kudos
865_FCGIS
New Contributor II

I'm running into the same error today upgrading from 10.8.1 to 11.1. Upgrade progressed after a machine restart for me as well

0 Kudos
SFA
by
New Contributor II

Encountered the same issue again, after the second try and following the suggestions stated above. 

0 Kudos
BobNoyes
Occasional Contributor

Same problem and what others suggest worked for me, reboot the server.

Initial try:

Portal Upgrade.jpg

 And after the reboot:

Portal Upgrade2.jpg

0 Kudos