Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to view Portal Items as an Administrator

02-13-2024 09:22 AM
jfinnegan_hvilletn
New Contributor

Hello all,

Our IT has recently moved up to Enterprise 10.9.1. Previously we used 10.3.1. With the older versions of Enterprise, I would use the Share -- Share as Web Layer -- create Feature Layer/WFS method of pushing things up onto the portal. This would allows me to have REST API endpoints to use for some third party products our city utilizes, and also let me create some web apps as well. Since our update, any time I share items to the portal, it will show up, but I am unable to access the layer in the portal at all. If I then go into the server manager, I can see and access the information there. 

I'm currently using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 to do these tasks with.

I can't for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.

Am I uploading things incorrectly?

Am I using the wrong version of Pro?

Should I be going the old school route, and just uploading items to the server manager?

Is this a known issue?

Any insight or ideas would be a great help.

Thanks,

JP Finnegan

GIS Technician

City of Hendersonville

101 Maple Drive North

Hendersonville, TN 37075

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @jfinnegan_hvilletn ,

When you say you are unable to access the portal item, can you elaborate?  Are you getting an error trying to add the layer to a web map?  There should be a URL in the details page of the service:

JakeSkinner_0-1707846864258.png

Are you able to access the Details of the service?

0 Kudos
jfinnegan_hvilletn
New Contributor

Hi Jake,

When I go to the contents page, and just click to view any of the layers, it just gets stuck in a loading screen as below. 

jfinnegan_hvilletn_0-1707848162628.png

I'm never able to even view the url/settings screen. 

However, if I go into the Server Manager, the WFS is available for viewing

https://gis.abcd.org:6443/arcgis/rest/services/GIS/FeatureServer (this would work).

So, I'm not really sure if its that the Server and the Portal aren't talking, or if  there's some missing permission between the two. Very strange.

Thanks,

JP

0 Kudos
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

Have you checked the Portal index? When that gets out of whack it can cause some weird issues. 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
TimoT
by
Occasional Contributor

You can try the Reconfigure operation in Portaladmin which was introduced at 10.9.1

This operation rebuilds the index.

Timo

0 Kudos