Unable to share hosted feature layer view to group (ArcGIS Portal 10.6)

Jump to solution
08-12-2020 03:20 AM
ChrisBuckmaster2
New Contributor III

Hi

In my ArcGIS Portal (v10.6), I have uploaded a file geodatabase and a hosted feature layer has been created from it.

This hosted feature layer has been shared to a Portal group who need access to the content.

I have then created a view from this hosted feature layer and am trying to share it to the same group again, but after selecting the group I want to share it with, I am finding it doesn't have the group ticked after opening the share permissions again.

I'm wondering if there are any known bugs / issues with sharing permissions for hosted view feature layers in Portal 10.6, or do I need to do any additional things to get it sharing correctly?

As I have been able to share the hosted feature layer successfully, I am a bit confused!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisBuckmaster2
New Contributor III

I have resolved the issue - even though I have an admin account, I logged on as our original admin account which allowed me to share the content to the groups (I'm not sure why it didn't allow me to do it with my own account but it is working).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisBuckmaster2
New Contributor III

I have resolved the issue - even though I have an admin account, I logged on as our original admin account which allowed me to share the content to the groups (I'm not sure why it didn't allow me to do it with my own account but it is working).

0 Kudos