Two Part Annotation Leaders

07-17-2013 06:58 AM
MattBull
New Contributor II
I'm in a situation where I need to create an annotation with a two part leader line. Basically what I have is a corridor with several different pipeline right-of-ways that need to be labeled and it's very difficult to distinguish which one is which using regular leader lines simply pointing to the center of each. Instead I what I need is a leader line going from the label to one side of the right-of-way then another smaller leader line on the other side of the right-of-way with arrows pointing to it. I've attached a jpg to show what I mean. Right now I'm drawing the single leader from the annotation and then adding a graphic arrow on the other side, but this is obviously clumsy and a bit time comsuming getting them to line up the way I want them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26008[/ATTACH]

Any ideas how this might be done quicker and a bit cleaner?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
You can try it with dimension lines.  I thought about it and made a dimension feature class.  I made customized symbol that looked like two arrows pointing inwards with an extension on the end.  Kind of cumbersome to set up took a lot of trial and error but once it is done and you figure it out you can quickly and easily draw they leaders you want.

I'm in a situation where I need to create an annotation with a two part leader line. Basically what I have is a corridor with several different pipeline right-of-ways that need to be labeled and it's very difficult to distinguish which one is which using regular leader lines simply pointing to the center of each. Instead I what I need is a leader line going from the label to one side of the right-of-way then another smaller leader line on the other side of the right-of-way with arrows pointing to it. I've attached a jpg to show what I mean. Right now I'm drawing the single leader from the annotation and then adding a graphic arrow on the other side, but this is obviously clumsy and a bit time comsuming getting them to line up the way I want them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26008[/ATTACH]

Any ideas how this might be done quicker and a bit cleaner?
0 Kudos