The Portal for ArcGIS fails to add layers to the web map,

10-09-2015 06:24 AM
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

The Portal for ArcGIS fails to add layers to the web map,

We couldn’t figure out why the portal for ArcGIS fails to add any layer to “my content: or into “web map”, taking into consideration that we are using it on windows server 2012.

Clip_90.jpg

Clip_96.jpg

Clip_91 - Copy.jpg

What might be the issue here?

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Majdoleen,

Do you have the Security option in Portal to 'Allow access to the organization through HTTPS only'?  If so, try adding the connection to ArcGIS Server using an HTTPS connection.

0 Kudos
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Hi Jake,

I've tried it but it doesn't work, do you have any idea how to make it works with both HTTP and HTTPS then I will check it with the IT man at our organization.

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Majdoleen,

FYI, troubleshooting documentation:

Some layers don't display correctly in the map. It looks like there is a mix of HTTP and HTTPS URLs. Is this mixed content negatively affecting the map display?

Troubleshoot—Portal for ArcGIS (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

Although, this may be related to your other post on the security certificate.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your reply, but why the ArcGIS online can see all the services without any issues, otherwise the portal fails?

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Hi Derek,

Thank you so much, the certificate's problem appears on my local machine, however, this issue appears when using the portal on windows server 2012. In addition, the portal at windows server couldn't save any new map, too.

Clip_279.jpg

What might be the issue here, is there any special requirements with windows server 2012?

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Majdoleen,

I will need more info to help troubleshoot the issue. I suggest you use an application like Firebug, Fiddler, etc. that monitors your web browser traffic to help you get more info on what the cause of your issues are. Or please contact Esri Technical support, they can help investigate the problem.

Hope this helps,