Stopping a web map or map image layer in Portal

01-13-2023 03:26 PM
Labels (1)
RandyKreuziger1
Occasional Contributor

I have a web map and 4 map image layers in Portal that reference a spatial view in SQL Server.  When I created the view it wasn't registered with the geodatabase and didn't have the coordinate system defined.  I want to define the coordinate system now but there are locks on the view from Portal.

Is there anyway to stop web maps and map image layer in Portal so I can make coordinate and schema changes in SDE SQL Server?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

If you head to Organisation > Settings > Servers - you should see a "administrator URL". Clicking the hyperlink on admin url will take you to your arcgis server manager. From here you can stop the services and release locks as necessary.

To prevent this from being a problem in future it's possible to disable schema locking: Disable schema locking on a map service—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Please take into consideration the impact of this on editable datasets etc. Schema locks can be necessary 🙂

0 Kudos
GoranGobac
New Contributor III

Hi Randy,
when I am doing changes on Table or Materilazed View that are registered on SDE Schema as Jon writes you should stopp the services. In some Cases that doesnt help completly.
There is a way also by usind SDE Schema User Connection File in ArcGIS Pro or you can use sql.
This is something what we use but only a Oracle expert should first prove if it works for you.
You have to know your Tables Phisycal names (not ArcGIS Alias)  and how your ArcGIS is integrated in your DB.
This I am using on Oracle 19c with Schema User "SDE"
delete sde.table_LOCKS where sde_id in
( select distinct l.SDE_ID
from sde.table_LOCKS l,
SDE.TABLE_REGISTRY reg
where l.REGISTRATION_ID = reg.REGISTRATION_ID
and reg.table_name in ('Table_name')
);
 And dont forget to commit after you used this skript.

0 Kudos