Stop City Labels from Showing on ArcGIS Topographic Basemap

02-13-2014 03:42 PM
KarlZimmer
New Contributor II
Hello,
I like using the ArcGIS Topographic Basemap as a background layer for my maps, but was wondering if there is a way so that place name labels don't show up on the map. I like to add my own labels for cities and towns of interest, but find the map looks messy with the ArcGIS Basemap place name labels showing as well.  I would actually prefer that the topographic maps had no labels at all. Is it possible to show just the features of the Topographic Basemap without labels?

I see there is a options for Places Info int he Table of Contents but it says those layers can't be turned off when I try to click on them.

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonardLuz3
Occasional Contributor
Hello,
I like using the ArcGIS Topographic Basemap as a background layer for my maps, but was wondering if there is a way so that place name labels don't show up on the map. I like to add my own labels for cities and towns of interest, but find the map looks messy with the ArcGIS Basemap place name labels showing as well.  I would actually prefer that the topographic maps had no labels at all. Is it possible to show just the features of the Topographic Basemap without labels?

I see there is a options for Places Info int he Table of Contents but it says those layers can't be turned off when I try to click on them.

Thanks.

You can't remove them since it's a cache already. If there's a way to remove them now, let me know. 🙂
0 Kudos