Sign In Bad Gateway through web adaptor

07-19-2016 07:28 AM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have an issue that is preventing me from using Portal for development.  When I click Sign In from a browser on a different machine than the Portal Server I get a Bad Gateway error.  If I am connected through Remote Desktop I can login just fine.  Is this by design or is something wrong?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulDavidson1

Something is wrong.

What's the exact error message?

What URL are you trying to open?

Can you connect by  bypassing the webadapter and going through the port?

More info on your setup will help.  Is there a federated server, a data store, on different servers or the same one?  etc...

Is this an HTTPS only setup?

When you connect locally (from RDC'd onto the server), is it going to local host or?

i.e. what's the URL that is connecting locally.

Depending on various things, it might be as simple as needing https at the front of your URL.

0 Kudos
RichardHughes2

Paul,

I removed my site from Azure and recreated it.  What I've found is that the issue seems to revolve around the certificates being imported correctly into the portal admin page.  The Cloud Builder did not successfully configure the https for the site.  Have you used the cloud builder program?

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

Sorry Richard, I have not.

We're on a VMware sphere setup on our own blades, etc...

But I would think that you are on the right track.  I am dealing with some similar issues related to upgrading 10.4 to 10.4.1 and it seems to be CA cert related.  or intermixing signed certs with self-signed etc...

I don't if you've looked at the Chef cookbooks from Esri but they can really simplify and standardize the installation.

I am pretty sure they have a cookbook and a sample json install file for AWS setups.

Get Started With ArcGIS Cookbook · Esri/arcgis-cookbook Wiki · GitHub

Good luck !

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Adding to Paul's questions,

Are the web server (hosting Web Adaptor), the Portal Server (hosting Portal for ArcGIS) and the client machine (where you are trying to access) in the same domain? If not, does the web server has public access (Try accessing the Web Server IIS using its hostname from the client machine)?

Think Location
0 Kudos
RichardHughes2

It will take me some time get all the material together to answer your questions, maybe a couple days.

0 Kudos