Setting up Distributed Collaboration Login Issue

01-24-2019 01:02 PM
KeithHupperts
New Contributor III

I'm trying to set up a Distributed Collaboration between two Portal sites.  Site 1, the host, uses Esri's authentication and Site 2, the Guest, uses AD.

I can create the collaboration group and workspace, invite the guest to join the collaboration, successfully import he response, and sync content (using 'Send & Receive') between the two portals. 

However, while the content from Site 1 syncs and is visible and available for use in Site 2, the Site 2 content syncs but any feature service or map using a feature service from Site 2 requires the user from Site 1 to provide login credentials to the Site 2 portal in the form of a user and password.

Is there some step that I missed to connect with a site that uses AD as its log in service?

Thanks,

Keith

14 Replies
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jill, I never heard from you on this, has ESRI made any strides towards fixing it? For the project I was working on, we just decided to move forward with sharing to everyone.  We are now contemplating another use case for this: using it to provide fast maps to our counterparts overseas. We are a global company, but not all of our regions have Enterprise. This will be a way for us to collaborate. As we are discussing the infrastructure, this solution is a contender but we absolutely cannot have our data shared for our competition to see. The other options (RDC, Connect to another region's Portal) are not an slick and will experience latency. Please update us on this!  It sounds like you think I am doing everything correctly and this is a bug? 

ImtiyazPasha
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We are facing the same issue, we will reach out to Tech support.

Just want to know is there any proper solution from Esri for this issue?

Imtiyaz

ImtiyazPasha
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We are facing the same issue, we will reach out to Tech support.

Just want to know is there any proper solution from Esri for this issue?

Imtiyaz

0 Kudos
Abdul_RahmanYahya
New Contributor

Hi i get a same issue also which mean i be the host and other participants be the guest. I n guest used sent and receive and set as a copies during this collaboration. When  I share the feature service to my guest. My guest require to sign in to look my feature service. When my guest share the their service i dont need to sign in into their service. I already check with my guest their feature not share to everyone but it a private data service but i can look without sign in. I also  test with ArcGIS Online with ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Enterprise with ArcGIS Enterprise and got the same result. Can someone help me on this issue?

0 Kudos
Abdul_RahmanYahya
New Contributor

Hi there...i already solve my issue on sign in to the feature access..i hope this could help you all. what i do is change the value in IIS --> localhost --> HTTP Response Header --> Access-Control-Allow-Origin --> Add value * ---> Ok..

IIS --> HTTP RESPONSE HEADER

0 Kudos