Secured Web App Login

Jump to solution
02-08-2022 09:38 AM
Tyler_Fleming
New Contributor II

The login window for our secured web app built with WABDE looked like this (the screenshot below), before our enterprise 10.9.1 update and WABDE v2.23 update.

TylerFleming1_0-1644341307729.jpeg

After the enterprise 10.9.1 update AND the Web AppBuilder DE v2.23 update (to match 10.9.1), our secured web app sign-in window looks like this -

TylerFleming1_1-1644341319388.png

This Web App needs to be secured so it contains a web map that is shared only with members of the organization.

How do I get the login window back to the way it was?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshKalovGIS
New Contributor III

If I remember right, the second sign in box shows up when you are using secured maps/layers but the App isn't officially/properly registered with your Portal (or AGO).

Are you deploying the app to a server or accessing it directly from the wab dev edition url? If you are deploying, I assume at some point you had registered the application with your Portal and then copied the AppID to the config.json file of your app (following the instructions for deployment). I would first check if the appId got wiped out from the config.json when you updated WAB Developer edition and redeployed the app.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

I see this sign-in dialog https://gis.douglascountyks.org/portal/home/

BillFox_0-1644342706572.png

0 Kudos
Tyler_Fleming
New Contributor II

Yes, that is the login window that you see when logging into our Portal.  However, when I attempt to login into our username/password secured web app, a different login window appears (the second screenshot in the original post).

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

make sure after enterprise updates you clear all your web browser caches (All of it)

0 Kudos
Tyler_Fleming
New Contributor II

the login window for our secured web app (second screenshot in original post) is my issue.

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The second screenshot doesn't mean the application has lost it's level of security.  That box is presented from ArcGIS Server, saying that access to the web app was granted but a layer within the web map is requesting additional authentication.  Do you have a layer that comes from a standalone ArcGIS Server, or is everything within a single Enterprise environment?

0 Kudos
Tyler_Fleming
New Contributor II

The Web Map is shared with Organization and all layers within the map are shared Everyone (public). 

Every layer within the Web Map is either from our Portal for ArcGIS or is a publicly shared service from our City's GIS.

I need this Web App to require login, but I want the login window to look like the first screenshot (original post).  I don't know why after enterprise 10.9.1 update and WABDE v2.23 update the login window changed to the second screenshot (original post).

0 Kudos
JoshKalovGIS
New Contributor III

If I remember right, the second sign in box shows up when you are using secured maps/layers but the App isn't officially/properly registered with your Portal (or AGO).

Are you deploying the app to a server or accessing it directly from the wab dev edition url? If you are deploying, I assume at some point you had registered the application with your Portal and then copied the AppID to the config.json file of your app (following the instructions for deployment). I would first check if the appId got wiped out from the config.json when you updated WAB Developer edition and redeployed the app.