Saving PDFs with layers turned off for Georeferencing and Geocoding

03-08-2013 11:36 AM
T_BrennKelly-Mckinnon
New Contributor
Good Afternoon
I'm currently working with an city engineering map that displays numerous different utilities in a PDF layer format. That means that I can turn off certain layers to visualize the specific utilities I want to see. The problem I encounter is when I attempt to save the PDF so that I can georeference and Geocode the specific points.
Unfortunately whenever I save the Layer Altered pdf and then convert it to jpeg all the default layers are turned off again.
I was hoping to figure out how to permanently turn off specific layers so that I can georeference specific features on a PDF map.
Cheers
T'Brenn Kelly-Mckinnon
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
T_BrennKelly-Mckinnon
New Contributor
Never Mind Found a Solution:
For those who are curious this is done through Adobe Reader Pro. To do so you can save it as an image. I do not think it is possible with normal Adobe as saving to a PDF with revert to the Default Layer view.
If I am wrong let me know
Cheers
0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor
If you had Data Driven Pages turn on, it is best to set the extent to Center and Maintain Current Scale. I am not sure if that works on yours. I had problem export it to PDF and the layers were extended outside the box, so maybe you were experience your situation. Thought I'd share that with you.
0 Kudos