Rotate Symbol option is not available to all layers

Jump to solution
05-31-2022 11:10 AM
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello! I'm prototyping with Field Maps/S123, specifically right now we are looking to support the user story of having a need to see a web map which shows the direction of the viewer when creating a point/photo. 

Regardless of which field app we use, the requirement is still to use a field within the data to capture the azimuth which can be used to display the arrow symbol to point in a direction on the web map/app/printed maps. This function is working great in our Portal web map until you move to the next layer and that option is not available for some reason??? What I am seeing is inconsistent ability to use this feature and it's driving me crazy because I just want to understand WHY this happens. Ack! 

For example: I have a Feature service with three layers. All points with attachments from the same service. Layer in Position 0 has this function available, but the other two layers (1,2) do not have this option even displayed in the UI.  Is it something I did when publishing, or the underlying features in the SDE that are referenced, system limitation? I'm stumped. See attached examples.

Enterprise 10.8.1  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BugPie
by

Once again, finding my own solution after putting my dirty laundry out on the geonet line. haha. 

It's field type on the features that will allow, or in my case disallow the rotate symbol option from appearing. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BugPie
by

Once again, finding my own solution after putting my dirty laundry out on the geonet line. haha. 

It's field type on the features that will allow, or in my case disallow the rotate symbol option from appearing. 

0 Kudos