"Survey123 Connect Application" cannot connect to Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1

11-07-2016 05:55 AM
PoonsakPidgunphai1
New Contributor II

I have already installed Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1 with datastore and selected the hosted server. In the first time after newly installed, Survey Connect Application can establish the connection with my Portal. Next day, i can't connect to the Portal via survey123 connect anymore. It always show an error about "Survey123 require the Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 or later and is configured with a hosted server and ArcGIS Data Store". Does anyone can help me, please. Thank you very much.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Poonsak,

• What release of Survey123 Connect are you using?
  • When you initially were able to connect to Portal 10.4.1 from Survey123 Connect, were you able to publish a survey?
  • Did anything change with your Portal hosting server installation? the network? your Survey123 Connect install? between the time it worked and the time it stopped working?
  • Can you verify that your GIS Server site and ArcGIS Data Store installs are working correctly?
PoonsakPidgunphai1
New Contributor II
  • What release of Survey123 Connect are you using?
  • When you initially were able to connect to Portal 10.4.1 from Survey123 Connect, were you able to publish a survey?
    • I don't publish any survey on this server. I just only try to connect to the portal.
  • Did anything change with your Portal hosting server installation? the network? your Survey123 Connect install? between the time it worked and the time it stopped working?
    • There are some changes from the customer about edit configuration setting in portal web administrator.
  • Can you verify that your GIS Server site and ArcGIS Data Store installs are working correctly?
    • I have check in arcgis server manager by validate. It's work.
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Poonsak,

> There are some changes from the customer about edit configuration setting in portal web administrator.

I would investigate this further and find out exactly what your customer modified in terms of "configuration setting in portal web administrator" because it may have affected how Survey123 Connect communicates with Portal. Was it a change to security settings? Authentication? Valid logins to Portal? Role permissions? This would be a good place to start troubleshooting.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
PoonsakPidgunphai1
New Contributor II

Thank you for your recommendations. I have reinstalled the Portal for arcgis again. It's work now.

0 Kudos