Published imagery service to a federated server not automatically added as an item in Portal

Jump to solution
05-18-2017 12:27 PM
James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

In ArcMap, I published a mosaic raster as an imagery service directly to an ArcGIS Server that is federated to Portal for ArcGIS. The published service was successful and I was able to see that the image service is working properly. However, my Portal did not automatically create an item in My Contents, as it is described here: Relationships between web services and portal items—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS .... I did this a few weeks ago with another imagery service and the item was added automatically.

What are the possible causes for this? Is there a way to add a single item in a more automated way besides adding it manually (Add items—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise) or by adding all the services using the Importing services from a federated server—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise? I have not tried either of these options yet. With the add all services method, though, I am worried that it will create duplicate items for those services.

I would hope that I don't have to manually do this every time...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

Answered my own question...

In ArcGIS Server Manager > Manage Services and navigate to the service. in the icon to the right, click on the person icon. This will prompt you to allow this service to be visible to Portal. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

Answered my own question...

In ArcGIS Server Manager > Manage Services and navigate to the service. in the icon to the right, click on the person icon. This will prompt you to allow this service to be visible to Portal.