Portal security of Items

07-12-2017 12:34 AM
subinks
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am using Portal for ArcGIS 10.5 federated with ArcGIS server.

I have published some layers from oracle geodatabase to server as a feature service.

And i have created a web map using this layers on portal.

I shred this web map to some specific groups. The members of that particular group can see the webmaps but not the layers. While i am checking console it is found that it returning an error ' service not accessible'. 

Anyone please help me to solve this issue.

PS: i have put so many questions in this forum and no one able solve my issues.(even esri guys).

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You will also need to share the Feature layers (used in the web map) with the corresponding groups.

Think Location
0 Kudos
subinks
New Contributor II

I already shared the layers to the group. But when i am viewing that service in ARcGIS server manager it is not showing the sharing. All the groups are unchecked in server.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you check the box now, to share with Portal for ArcGIS and the respective groups?

If not, then maybe since the ArcGIS Server site is already federated, the security will be controlled by Portal for ArcGIS.

Ensure the services under "My Contents" are shared with the group in Portal for ArcGIS.

Think Location
0 Kudos
subinks
New Contributor II

I already tried the both.

1.Share the layer to specific groups from Portal for ArcGIS( Portal shown as it is shared and visible on gallery but not visible when added to map)

2.Share the layer on ArcGIS Server(After applying it again shown as not shared)

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

This has happened to me a few times. The only way I know how to fix it is to started again.

• Delete the portal item for the service
  • Delete the service on server
  • Open ArcGIS Admin and check the correct portal url is used in Managed Portal Connections. HIghlight, click Connect & Save to make sure.
  • Open ArcMap and publish again. Make sure your portal groups are available in the Sharing section of the wizard

Good luck

0 Kudos
subinks
New Contributor II

Thanks man.

I will do like this while i am publishing in the future.

Is there any way to update old services? A tricky hack updating on some config files.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

What would like to update? If you keep the same name when the service is being republished, there is nothing to update.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

When you publish your service to the federated ArcGIS Server, do you see an associated item appear within My Content of the user who published the service?

0 Kudos