Portal Machine Name

09-12-2018 02:04 AM
MuglaCbs1
New Contributor II

I want to chang my server domain name from "machinename.domain.lcl" to "machinename.newdomain.lcl"

After that Arcgis Server recognize new domain name and started working. No problem.

But my Portal did not work. So i tried to change "machinename.domain.lcl" from portaladmin page but it is not allowed.

I tried to reinstall portal with new machine name and domain, this time my all portal content gone.

How can i change my domain name by saving my all portal content. Or how can i manually reinstall portal content from old folders to new installed portal folders.

Thanks.

ArcGIS GIS Server  10.6

Arcgis Portal 10.6

NonFederated Server-Portal

Used two webadaptor, one for portal and other for server.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Changing your Portal hostname is not supported at this time:

Common problems and solutions—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Can I rename the machine where Portal for ArcGIS is installed?

No, this is not currently supported. If you rename the machine, your portal will be unavailable.

If you have backups of your content and db folder, (for example, C:\arcgisportal\content and C:\arcgisportal\db), you can move them into their original location and attempt to create the site again using the old content. It may present an Upgrade button which will work as well.

NajyaBatool1
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan,  

I'd like to revisit this topic.  Is changing your Portal hostname now supported at 2.8?  

Thanks,

Najya

0 Kudos