Portal Item Sharing Saves then Reverts to Private

05-24-2022 07:53 AM
HaroldKrivell
New Contributor III

Good Afternoon, 

I have recently migrated a user's content from an older portal to a newer portal. The Share settings defaulted to private, When I try to change to group sharing. The sharing saves and I get the green box that says "sharing updated". However the sharing does change permenantly. In fact, the icons do not change. 

I am trying to set the sharing to Private + Group. I want only the group members and the owner to see the item.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Have you looked at the users role (permissions)? I ran into this issue a few times when a user did not have permissions to share to the public, even though I was the one doing the sharing for them.

HaroldKrivell
New Contributor III

They have content creator roles only, our policy does not allow our customers to have manager or group owner role.

0 Kudos
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

That is likely part of the problem. I have had similar challenges and had to relent on a few of those increased restrictions. It gets messy from a admin perspective, but groups are just folders by another name. One of the many irritations about our AGOL/Portal and of course Sharepoint....because it is literally the same problems in all 3 worlds.

0 Kudos