Portal Index Error, Unable to Create or Save Content

Jump to solution
09-04-2019 10:06 AM
Matthew_Deveney
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am running ArcGIS Portal 10.7 and was having trouble creating a new map. I would get this error: "Error: The index service seems to be unavailable. Please check the index service." anytime I wanted to create a new map. I would also get an error when trying to save a map that was already created. I tried re-indexing the Portal through the Portal Administrator Directory; however, now none of my content shows up on the Content page and I am still getting the same error when trying to create a new map. Luckily, all of the links to the portal apps that I created still work, but do not show up on the Content page. I am out of ideas and any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

There are some posts about recreating the indices:

The index service seems to be unavaliable. Please check the index service. 

https://community.esri.com/message/676188-portal-105-index-mismatch-search 

The versions may be different, but the underlying problem is the same. Is your Portal HA? I'd suggest reaching out to Support to walk through the first comment in the first link I posted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

There are some posts about recreating the indices:

The index service seems to be unavaliable. Please check the index service. 

https://community.esri.com/message/676188-portal-105-index-mismatch-search 

The versions may be different, but the underlying problem is the same. Is your Portal HA? I'd suggest reaching out to Support to walk through the first comment in the first link I posted.

Matthew_Deveney
New Contributor III

Thank you Jonathan, the first post fixed the issue. I saw this solution earlier and was going to do this, but was a little hesitant to do it (I didn't want to break anything). But it worked! Thanks!

0 Kudos