Portal for ArcGIS - Symbology issue in legend

04-15-2015 05:07 PM
KieranO_Donnell2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on a Web Map in Portal for ArcGIS and am currently having issues with the legend not displaying points correctly. I have published the service and although the symbology displays correctly (coloured), the points appear in the legend as small grey dots. The polygon features shared in this service are displayed in the legend fine, it is only the points which are causing issues. I have tried republishing the service and adjusting the symbols different ways but this has not changed the legend within Portal whatsoever. The points have been displayed using dot density within ArcMap.
Here are a couple of screenshots of the legend and map within portal, and the legend in ArcMap (as it should show).

portal.jpg

arc.jpg
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Kieran

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Kieran,

Is this point layer in your web map coming from a map service? If so, what does the legend look like in the REST Services Directory (ex. https://serverName.esri.com/arcgis/rest/services/pointFeatures/MapServer/legend)? This may help us determine if the issue is with the service or Portal itself.

0 Kudos
KieranO_Donnell2
New Contributor II

Hi Scott,

This is a polygon feature layer, displayed as points with the dot density function in ArcMap. I have checked the legend in the Rest Directory and it has the same issue. Here is a screenshot, layer 23 is a polygon layer displayed by quantity, and layers 25 and 26 are the polygon layers displayed using dot density. I have updated their labelling to show what colour they should be displaying in.

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

This looks like a possible bug with ArcGIS for Server. It doesn't seem to be populating the legend correctly with the dot density symbology. If possible, contact Esri Support Services to get associated with an existing bug or to log a new one for you and see if there is a possible workaround.

0 Kudos