Portal for ArcGIS quotas

Jump to solution
09-20-2016 08:07 AM
BrunoMendes
Occasional Contributor

We need to provide our clients the ability to publish their own data and layers, so Portal for ArcGIS seems to be the right fit, as long as we can create a named user account for them.

The goal is to have something like a CMS, where named users are able to manage the contents of their own atlas.

What I need to know is if it would be possible to apply quotas to our Portal users, for example, storage limit, bandwith limit and processing units limit?

I've read about usage reports but just knowing they've consumed 500GB of storage isn't enough, we would like to grant it 100GB of storage then monitor how much he has already consumed.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunoMendes
Occasional Contributor

Our local support confirmed that it is not possible to estabilish quotas for each user/role in Portal.

So I registered this feature as an idea here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This use case is not permitted under the current license agreement. If the end user has their own ArcGIS Online account, they can be invited to a group hosted within your Portal instance but you cannot assign a named user to someone outside your organization. See the definition of Named User in the MLA (esri.com/legal).

BrunoMendes
Occasional Contributor

Royce, our case is a little more subtle. As a State, we are under an ELA. When I mean "clients", they are actually government agencies. So the named users would all be under the scope of the State.

0 Kudos
BrunoMendes
Occasional Contributor

Our local support confirmed that it is not possible to estabilish quotas for each user/role in Portal.

So I registered this feature as an idea here.

0 Kudos