portal for Arcgis can’t be reached "Could not access any Portal machines. Please contact your system administrator."

04-30-2021 02:12 PM
Labels (1)
cloneportal
New Contributor II

Hi dears,

I have a problem with ArcGIS Enterprise especially with Portal for ArcGIS. I reinstall the enterprise several times cause of Portal for ArcGIS doesn't work, it works for a period of time (1-4 days) then it gives me an error  "Could not access any Portal machines. Please contact your system administrator." with web adaptor and "This site can’t be reached" without web adaptor

I searched for some workarounds and found that:

1- restart the service, but unfortunately portal for ArcGIS service doesn't appears in the services list.

2- repair / Reinstall portal for ArcGIS, and it takes a lot of time (2 - 4) hours but it doesn't make sense to do that.

so kindly i need a unique solution.

my machine meets the requirements: 16GB Ram / free space: about 50 GB / Win 10 Pro / Domain / IIS

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @cloneportal,  the "Please contact your system administrator." error is when webadaptor can't communicate with portal. for debugging go to https://DNS:7443/arcgis/home.

When you say that the service is missing is it missing out of services.msc or Task Manager?

What is the CPU Speed and are you on SSD hard drives.

Then when the system stops working is the d:\arcgisportal or c:\arcgispotal "ContentStore" folder still present on the system?

when the windows service is missing that will definitely break portal, I would start investigating there, you can have a look at the antivirus perhaps. 

How many ArcGIS server Services do you have in ArcGIS Server ?

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
cloneportal
New Contributor II

hi @HenryLindemann 

1- I mean services.msc.

2- my Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB (15.2 GB usable)

GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) 640

with SSD 240 GB for C: only

-second, now I uninstall the enterprise and use ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, the same problem still as it, portal for arcgis cannot be work, even the service cannot found at services.msc only ArcGIS Server & Datastore. is working fine.

any help please!

0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @cloneportal,

So the main thing to me is the Portal for ArcGIS Service, if that is corrupted/deleted then Portal will not work, do you have a antivirus on the device? 

If you go to Event Viewer do you see any "critical" or "error" entries that refers to portal.

Have you done a clean reinstall of portal "DATA LOSS WARNING" e.g. clean out c:\arcgisportal AKA c:\arcgis\arcgisportal  and C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal that might be some corrupt component in there. Doing this will delete any data you had in portal.

the Clock Speed "Cpu" is a bit low but I think it should work regardless, so if you can check the following is the latest C++ redistributables installed

Is all windows patches installed.

On Enterprise Builder are you adding port 443 in IIS when the initial install is done and adding a certificate.

Kind Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
arahman_mdmajid
Occasional Contributor

Debugging the issue by accessing the  https://DNS:7443/arcgis/home give me an idea that the portal but had some issue with the SAML we have configured for SSO for users.

I also review the issue here Error: Could Not Access Any Portal Machines. Please Contact Your System Administrator (esri.com) . I restarted my portal service which resolved the issue.

Thanks @HenryLindemann 

Abdur Rahman
GIS Developer
0 Kudos
DeepikaJain01
New Contributor III

I am also facing the same issue, I have port 443 configured with SSL in IIS, after using ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, it is so surprising to see that I cannot see Portal for ArcGIS Service in Services.msc. Have you need able to resolve this issue

0 Kudos
DeepikaJain01
New Contributor III

Hey I found the issue, the https binding should be enabled with IIS as a prerequisite, otherisw it doesnot install ArcGIS Portal. I was doing that as a post step.

0 Kudos
KThomasson
Occasional Contributor

So what was the solution for this issue, I am currently dealing with this same error message, but it is not clear that the solution is present from what I am reading?

0 Kudos