Portal for ArcGIS access to services

02-16-2015 06:28 AM
StephenKing
New Contributor III

I've recently installed Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 and federated my ArcGIS Server services with it. I've shared all of my map services, my web map application and allowed anonymous access to Portal, however, when I load my JavaScript application I am still being redirected to a log in prompt for Portal. Can anyone suggest a possible reason why? I don't want users to have to log in at the moment to access the application. Could it be to do with ArcGIS Server system tools?

Thanks.

Looks as though I had a few services that I hadn't changed permissions for so that has kind of solved the problem. However, another issue is that if I want to use Windows Authentication for Portal, but still want to allow users to access my application without logging in (and they are not registered as a user in Portal), this doesn't seem to be possible because Anonymous Authentication is disabled. Is there anyway around this?

Message was edited by: Stephen King

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stephen,

I hope your GIS career does not interfere with your novel writing.  Ok, lame jokes aside, this is possible.  You must disable automatic account creation (link below) and make sure that anonymous access is enabled.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

StephenKing
New Contributor III

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your reply. I'd managed to sort it using that method. If only I could write novels!

0 Kudos
Sri_VarunMuthyala
New Contributor II

HI Stephen,

Do you have SSO enabled and also Automatic Account creation turned on in portal??

It should be under portaladmin

home> security> config> update security configuration> "enable automatic account creation": true)

also check whether the portal webmap that you created is shared with everyone in your organization

0 Kudos