Portal for ArcGIS 10.9.1: How can a member (with organization group permission) edit a feature service (with organization group permission) that’s con

09-18-2022 12:25 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Portal for ArcGIS 10.9.1: How can a member (with organization group permission) edit a feature service (with organization group permission) that’s consumed in WAB with Everyone (public) permission?

I wanted a member to be able to edit a particular feature service (that’s with organization group permission) and consumed in WAB with everyone (public) permission.

How this can be implemented?

Clip_158.jpgClip_159.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

Since your WAB app is shared out to Everyone then it isn't forcing the login window.  Your options would be: 

1. Share your WAB app to organization only to force the login window.  It appears you have the feature layer added to your web map and since that layer is shared only to your organization if I person is not logged in then it shouldn't even open that service.  Try opening the WAB app in incognito mode and see what kind of result you get to see if it is functioning correctly as you desire for an Everyone user.

2.  Have two WAB apps,  one for Everyone viewing and one for Editing.  The Everyone wouldn't have the edit widget and you can just add the map service layer and the Editing one would have the Edit Widget and feature layer added to the map along with the sharing properties would be just the group your desired editor is in.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you for the help. The second scenario appears to be much more appropriate for my case.

It would be great if the WAB is enhanced to have “sign in” option. This way all issues are resolved

Clip_164.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos