Portal Error - The portal site is currently unavailable. Please contact your portal administrator to resolve the issue (Log files attached)

Jump to solution
08-22-2018 04:37 AM
SamJakson
New Contributor III

Hello!

I've recently inherited a  portal configuration (version 10.6). The apps seemed to be running fine yesterday; however, now they are down and I am unable to access the portal homepage.

I've attached the .log files under <install dir>\framework\runtime\tomcat\logs folder - as far as i can gather the problem seems to be outlined here:

'Cannot connect to database: jdbc:postgresql://localhost:7654/gwdb Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.'

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a long time ESRI user, first time portal admin! 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
GlendaRoman1
New Contributor II

Hi. Could you share where the server.XML is found.

0 Kudos
IslamSaeed1
New Contributor

HYG , kindly note that i am working on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1.Hope it helps

you will find the server.XML under the following path 

[installation directory]\framework\runtime\tomcat\conf

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

I had esri support and we added the primary site admin security to ProgramFiles\Arcgis and arcgisportal folder then added same account for sharing those folders. restarted service and it worked.

0 Kudos
FernandoMarin
New Contributor II

are you trying to publish data from a geometric network? if you do, you have been affected by this  https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MDYzMg== and you'll not be able to upload data coming from a geometric network to AGOL

0 Kudos