Select to view content in your preferred language

Portal Dashboard No Longer Showing Attachment Previews in Popup

03-10-2023 05:13 AM
GBacon
by
Frequent Contributor

Dashboard in portal 10.9.1 is no longer showing image attachment thumbnails now that the data has been migrated from a hosted feature layer to a federated service published from SQL database. Clicking the image name opens the image in a new window as it should, but thumbnail previews are now gone. Newly added features and attachments have the same issue. Is there a way to generate previews in the db feature class or otherwise get them back in the popup? Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PeijunCai
Esri Alum

Hi, 

Are you using the Details element widget in ArcGIS Dashboards, or are these attachments part of the pop-ups? 

0 Kudos
GBacon
by
Frequent Contributor

I'm using the popup from the web map but the details widget doesn't display thumbnails either. This was ENH-000152177 which was closed on 3/20/23 as it is implemented in enterprise 11.1.

0 Kudos
AllisonMartin
Emerging Contributor

I think this is a similar issue:  I have an inspection table with photo attachments and an Experience Builder set up with a feature info widget to view the inspection data.  Some photos appear in preview while others are shown as the default thumbnail image and file name.  I believe I've tracked this down to whether or not the attached photo has JPEG compression.  Items attached using an IOS device appear fine (no compression),  while items attached using an android device have JPEG compression and require you to open the photo in a new tab.

Anyone know of a quick fix for this?  Worst case: I could export all of the attached images,  remove the compression and replace the existing attachments.

We are running Enterprise 11.1

GBacon
by
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for pointing this out. Since migrating to 11.1, I'm no longer seeing this issue, but I'll keep my eye out for images that do not display a thumbnail in the popup. I can at least look into compression if they don't work.

GBacon_0-1724426307247.png