Portal cannot see groups to add content to them

Jump to solution
07-31-2020 01:10 AM
NeoGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have a new 10.8 Federated Portal/Server installed with Builder using Web Tier with Active Directory Authentication.  There are several groups configured in Portal using "Create Group" in addition to the built-in Featured Maps and Apps which I would also like to utilize.  Correct me if I am wrong but if I am in "My Content" on Portal, and I click "Move" on a content item , the Move Item dialogue should show the Groups I own or belong to right?  It does not show any of the groups, not even the Featured Maps and Apps.  If I type in a group name and then click move, it will say successfully moved but the item will not move.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyRyanEQL

'Move' is to move content to folders with your 'My Content'. To add content to groups you need to share the portal item to a group

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL

'Move' is to move content to folders with your 'My Content'. To add content to groups you need to share the portal item to a group

NeoGeo
by

Anthony Ryan, 

Thank you SO MUCH!  

I have done computers since the mainframe and minicomputer days, GIS since ArcView 3.0, and IT since the 90's and I have never seen an interface as clunky and as much of a black box as ArcGIS Portal.  You have saved me a lot of grief.