Portal 10.7.1/Server 10.7.1 print issues

Jump to solution
12-12-2019 03:40 PM
SeanO_Neill
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a 10.7.1 Portal installation, federated with a server 10.7.1 installation.  

I have several issues with my configuration.  Both Portal and Server are on a local network, both using internally signed certificates.  The portal and server load over https fine, but certain features cannot be used, such as:

Printing-Nor the portal default printing or the federated services

- Portal default printing comes back with a 400 error or a Cert_invalid error

- Federated printing services fail with a CORS policy error; and I am asked to sign in to access the item, which fails with the error "cannot access authentication service"

Thumbnails are not created on new maps, and cannot be created from the map

Extent cannot be accessed or set in the organization settings

This all seems to point to a printing issue, but I cannot figure out the access problem to the .js files that throw errors related to certificates of CORS configurations.  When I copy/past the path to inaccessible files in a browser I access them fine over https.  I've tried a myriad of solutions with no success.  I'm almost ready to start over, but would like to explore all options before doing so.  

If you need some more info or log errors please let me know and I'd be happy to oblige.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanO_Neill
New Contributor II

Solved:

For me this behavior was caused by a certificate configured without the machine name of the server in the Subject Alternative Name field.  This is in addition to the domain name of the machine.  Also, in Server, the portal machine was specified as the machine name, which made my printing service break.   All is good now. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeanO_Neill
New Contributor II

Solved:

For me this behavior was caused by a certificate configured without the machine name of the server in the Subject Alternative Name field.  This is in addition to the domain name of the machine.  Also, in Server, the portal machine was specified as the machine name, which made my printing service break.   All is good now. 

0 Kudos