Portal 10.4 Analysis Tools: "Exception: no protocol: null/admin/services/exists"

08-10-2016 07:19 AM
AB12
by
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a Feature Layer hosted on my own ArcGIS Server. I want to use the Analysis functionality in Portal 10.4.1, which is federated to my ArcGIS Server.

When trying to use e.g. the "Create Buffers" analysis tool on a Path-Feature and finally clicking "Run Analysis", the following error message appears:

Create Service exception 'Exception: no protocol: null/admin/services/exists'

The user with which I access the Portal Web Map is a Portal administrator, as well as the owner of the Feature Layer.

How can I resolve this problem and use the Analysis Tools in Portal?

Kind regards

4 Replies
Gwynn
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

You will see this error if your Portal is not configured with a Hosting Server.  

• Log on to Portal as an administrator.  
  • Go to My Organization > Edit Settings > Servers
  • Check and make sure the hosting server is configured and the federated server validates.
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Also make sure that the certificate used for the admin URL for the federated Server is trusted by Portal.  While the federation will succeed, calls from Portal to Server through the admin URL may fail if the certificate used for the admin URL isn't trusted by Portal.

0 Kudos
EnshengDong5
New Contributor II

One solution works for me: Occasionally, a race condition occurs between the start of the portal and ArcGIS Server services, which results in an invalid configuration. To correct this, make a remote desktop connection to the portal machine and restart the Portal for ArcGIS service. (source: Troubleshoot ArcGIS Server on Microsoft Azure—Documentation (10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server)

Jack_Zhang
Occasional Contributor

Hi All, I have Portal 10.5 on windows server 2012 with SQL Server 2014. we can published feature layers etc no problem, but it through back the same error when publishing elevation tile layer. any suggestion? thanks.

0 Kudos