Select to view content in your preferred language

Pop-ups configured in ArcGIS Pro change when the feature service is added into a new Map Viewer?

07-09-2023 06:41 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have published a feature layer (non-versioned, just a copy) into ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1. The pop-ups were configured in ArcGIS Pro before publishing. 

When I check the pop-ups in the Visualisation tab of the published layer, they have honoured what I configured in Pro.

However, when I add the feature layer using the service URL into a blank web map in the new Map Viewer, the pop-up configuration is lost. The pop-ups stay consistent in Map Viewer Classic. 

I am confused because I configured the pop-ups in Pro. 

How do I get the pop-up configuration to stick in the new Map Viewer when using the service URL?

HL
10 Replies
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

If you are using the web map viewer that is on the Portal that your feature layer is published to, have you tried searching for the layer instead of adding the service URL?

Hayley
by

Hi @TonyContreras_Frisco_TX., yes that is mainly how it is used. However we are thinking of members of the public who may want to add the service to their maps and we'd like the pop-ups set up the way we have configured them

HL
0 Kudos
JasminePrater

Were you ever able to solve this issue?  We are publishing feature services from ArcGIS Pro 3.1 to Portal 11.1 and the pop-ups are not carried over to the Portal layer.  I have tried adding it through the Rest services URL and by browsing for the layer.

Hayley
by

Hi @JasminePrater , I was notified by Esri that pop-up configuration is not set on a rest service level, only on the layer item and web map. Not sure if we are experiencing the same issue if your layer item isn't showing them either 

HL
JasminePrater

@Hayley , thank you for that information.  That's exactly what I was looking for, although not the outcome I was hoping.  Thanks for the quick response!

0 Kudos
Hayley
by

No worries @JasminePrater , hope you find a workaround! I always thought it was still set on the service level 😞

HL
0 Kudos
DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

We're having the same issue with our popups as @JasminePrater, publishing from Pro 3.1 to 11.1 Enterprise Portal and the popup config is nowhere to be found.

Did anyone find a workaround / solution for this?

0 Kudos
JasminePrater

@DeanMoiler Unfortunately, we have not yet found a workaround.  Our Esri Solutions Engineer recommended that instead of reuploading the layer, we append or delete rows based on the changes.  We were unable to do that cleanly as it is parcel and address layers from the County.  We are planning to upgrade to 11.1 next week or the week after and to use Branch Versioning to share our data as individual REST services.  I'm hoping that keeping the service URL will prevent this issue, but I am not certain it will work.  I will set a reminder to update you once I've had the opportunity to do some testing.

As a side note, since you might be wondering why I mentioned we were moving to Enterprise 11.1 back in July, we had some issues with our servers not able to handle the load and had to revert back to 10.7.1 and AGOL maps.  We are working with Esri Professional Services for guidance on our new server setup, so I will ask them if they have any other recommendations, too.

DeanMoiler
Occasional Contributor

@JasminePrater thanks for the quick response! Yes that doesn't sound like an ideal solution, but I can see how it would work, give you wouldn't need to change the service, just the data, so service configuration shouldn't need to be altered. Branch version has come in very hand for some of our workflows, and popups will stay the same if you're only editing in this way.

I've done some additional testing on this today also, and I've found another post similar to this, though with the difference that in the other post the workflow is that we are not publishing directly from Pro (as I'm assuming you are?) It seems that publishing via python api or powershell dsc are causing the popups to fail in these instances. I also tried from Pro 3.2 and Enterprise 11.2 today, but with the same popup issue. 

For us there is a solution in which publishing and overwriting the service via Pro directly reapplies the popup config, so there is slow workaround I can put in place. Not ideal for 60+ services! Great that you're in discussions with professional services. I'd be grateful if you could pass on any solutions they would have on this.