Perform Analysis on Portal for ArcGIS 10.4

Jump to solution
03-04-2016 05:24 AM
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know what this means please?

Service to Provider Hive is not enabled for this tenant '0123456789ABCDEF'.

Trying to perform analysis in Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 map view, keep getting this error message.

Lara

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewThomas2
Esri Contributor

I ran into the same problem--I was able to fix it on my end, but I'm not exactly sure why it fixed it.  I'll explain what I did--you might look into it as well.

When I originally federated my Portal, I didn't have a web adaptor configured with ArcGIS Server.  So when federating, I used port 6443 for both the Services URL and the Administration URL.  Setup this way, I watched Fiddler while running an analysis task in Portal.  Looking at the input parameters for the SubmitJob task in Fiddler, all of the services are being called and created over ports 6443 and 6080.  I don't know that this is inherently wrong or not, it just struck me as abnormal.

I installed a web adaptor for ArcGIS Server (separate from the Portal web adaptor, which is required), and un-federated and re-federated, using the web adaptor URL for the Services URL.  After doing this, Analysis worked successfully.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Lara,

Did you run through the steps to configure your portal to perform analysis?

Configure the portal to perform analysis—Portal for ArcGIS (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

I did Jake. I was successful with every step.

Just tried to perform another analysis so that you can see exactly what I'm talking about.

Lara

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle
Occasional Contributor III

We're getting a 500 error every time we run a tool against one of our 3 federated servers.  I've been working with Technical support on it for about a week.  Just wanted to chime in and say you're not the only one having issues with Analysis Tools.

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jacob. I hope for a solution soon. After all I went through to get the Portal 10.4 up an running, I'm anxious for my users to experience the Spatial Analysis functionality.

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle
Occasional Contributor III

I'm in the same boat you are, many users are constantly asking for more tools, and I want to be able to provide them!!

OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

I'm still stuck on this problem. Doesn't anyone know what it means or better still have a solution? I will really appreciate any help offered.

Lara

0 Kudos
AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

Omolara Kareem

Some few questions.

1. Is Server Installed on a non-English Machine?

2. What happens when you execute the Analysis with the option to "Use current map extent" unchecked? Try using a fresh dataset for this test.

3. If the answer to 1 is yes, do you have a machine with an english OS to test with?

4. What do you see in the ArcGIS Server logs after you execute the Analysis?

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Anthony. To answer your questions;

1. No

2. I get the same error message, whether I check or uncheck "Use current map extent".

4. This is the the log from the last analysis I tried to perform this morning:

Lara

0 Kudos
AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Lara. The uploaded screen shot is difficult to see even when downloaded. Can you upload a new one with a slightly higher resolution. Also, kindly give Matthew's suggestion a  try if the scenario applies. 

0 Kudos