Password Change & Reset Password in 10.3.1- Not Working

06-11-2015 07:45 AM
Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

- We just upgraded our ArcGIS for Portal from 10.3 to 10.3.1

I am trying to use the  Change Password function from within the Edit Profile page of Portal and I do not get any dialog to actually change my password. I simply get a dialog saying "Password Changed - Your password has successfully been changed" - i never actually get to enter a new password anywhere.

I have also logged in as an administrator and tried to use the Reset Password function but it throws an error also..

"Unable to reset password for member..." (see attached)

After some digging through the logs and watching the HTTP request I am seeing a common error of : !DB_0000! (see attached)
com.esri.gw.GWException: !DB_0000! at com.esri.gw.db.GWDatabaseImpl.getSecurityPolicy(GWDatabaseImpl.java:8941)

Is this just me or is the change and reset password broken in 10.3.1.. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Drew

0 Kudos
19 Replies
JasonPatterson
New Contributor III

When attempting to change passwords are connections being made through the web adapter or :7443?

0 Kudos
Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III

They are going through the web adapter on my end.

0 Kudos
Albertvan_der_Kamp
New Contributor II

I use //mydomain/arcgisportal to access my portal. So it must be through the web adapter.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

A BUG has been submitted for this and is currently being looked at by Dev. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

VassiloWalluschnig1
Esri Contributor

Hi Donald,

Thanks for submitting the bug. Has there been any news on when it will be fixed? Could we also please get the bug number so that we can track it.

Regards,

Vassilo.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you contact Customer Support and ask the analyst to look up the following key phrase they can give you the bug number and add you to the bug. You will then be able to follow the progress of the bug. "Passwords for built-in portal accounts in Portal for ArcGIS cannot be changed by the user."

0 Kudos
MasaakiABE
Esri Contributor

I think it's too late to post this, but I had the same problem and found a workaround.

Note: this is an unofficial workaround, so be careful when you try.

I was checking the log and found the following error message(thank God 10.3.1 provides logging function),

Caused by: com.esri.gw.GWException: Unable to execute query: com.esri.gw.db.PreparedStatementData@56202141[a=SELECT account_id, min_length, min_upper, min_lower, min_letter, min_digit, min_other, expiration, history, created, modified FROM gw_accounts_password_policy WHERE account_id = ?,b=[com.esri.gw.db.PreparedStatementData$PreparedStatementParameter@57675e93[a=STRING,b=0123456789ABCDEF,c=0]]]

at com.esri.gw.db.DBUtil.doQuery(DBUtil.java:72)

at com.esri.gw.db.GWDatabaseImpl.getSecurityPolicy(GWDatabaseImpl.java:8917)

... 55 more

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: リレーション"gw_accounts_password_policy"は存在しません

ポジション: 132

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2157)

So I connected to PostgreSQL which is used inside of Portal, found out that table "gw_accounts_password_policy" does not exist in the database. It does exist when you clean install 10.3.1. So, I just created a table and now it works.

I gusse the upgrade process failed to create the table.

Here's what I did.

1. find "config-store-connection.json" under C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\etc
    You can find the database connection information.
  2. Connect to PostgreSQL with the connection information above.
    Note: you have pgAdmin under C:\arcgisportal\pgsql_9.3.4\bin
  3. Run the following SQL. At the very end of SQL, please enter your Portal Admin user name.

CREATE TABLE gw_accounts_password_policy

(

account_id character varying(100) NOT NULL,

min_length smallint,

min_upper smallint,

min_lower smallint,

min_letter smallint,

min_digit smallint,

min_other smallint,

expiration smallint,

history smallint,

created timestamp without time zone NOT NULL DEFAULT now(),

modified timestamp without time zone,

CONSTRAINT gw_accounts_password_policy_pkey PRIMARY KEY (account_id),

CONSTRAINT gw_accounts_password_policy_ibfk_1 FOREIGN KEY (account_id)

REFERENCES gw_accounts (id) MATCH SIMPLE

ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE CASCADE

)

WITH (

OIDS=FALSE

);

ALTER TABLE gw_accounts_password_policy

OWNER TO <Portal Admin User Name>;

That's all you have to do.

Hope this help.

BerneJackson
New Contributor III

Thank you for the solution; it worked like a charm!

0 Kudos
CallumSmith
New Contributor III

Thanks It worked for me as well!

0 Kudos
HemantKadve
New Contributor III
0 Kudos