No site after installation of ArcGIS Portal 10.3 on Redhat Linux 6.5

03-15-2015 07:28 AM
AndyArismendi1
New Contributor III

I installed ArcGIS Portal 10.3 and licensed it on RHEL 6.5 (software development workstation package bundle preset) using the installation instructions -

Installing Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for Server

Note - Linux firewall is completely disabled.

The installer and startup script both report success. The installer pops up a browser at the end of the routine pointed to

https://myhost:7443/arcgis/home/

Nothing loads, I also checked the non-secure port e.g. http://myhost:7080/arcgis/home and nothing.

I checked netstat e.g. netstat -a | grep -E "7443|7080" and nothing is bound to those ports.

I stopped and restarted the service using the stopportal.sh and startportal.sh scripts and while it says success still no site.

I looked at the log under - /home/myuser/arcgis/portal/usr/arcgisportal/logs/MYHOST/portal, and I see this message repeating over and over -

<Msg time="2015-03-15T10:23:35,906" type="FINE" code="9999" source="Portal" process="5910" thread="1" methodName="" machine="MOCKAPP" user="" elapsed=""> Configuration store connection not found, skipping database status check.</Msg>

The type is FINE, so is this something to be concerned about? And what's going on here, why isn't the site loading?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreyBurka
New Contributor III

I get the same thing on a Windows 2012 Server with the firewall turned off.

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

I realize this is a few months late and you have probably already done this to fix the issue, but a reinstallation of the software will generally fix this issue.

0 Kudos
DustinHobbs
Esri Contributor

When was the Portal for ArcGIS Installation downloaded? When Portal 10.3 was originally released there was a bug with the installer that created this exact scenario. This has since been fixed. However, if you downloaded the installation on or around 12/17/14 you most likely downloaded the problem.

I would recommended re-downloading the installation and running through the installation process again. 

0 Kudos