New Map Viewer has no way to limit editable fields (Portal 10.9.1)

Jump to solution
04-21-2022 03:12 PM
BrendonJoyce1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

It seems like I have found yet another thing that AGOL can do and Portal cannot in terms of features. In Map Viewer Classic, I could configure attributes to be read only/non editable. There seems to be no way to do this in New Map Viewer. When testing in AGOL it seems like "Forms" does this if you configure them, but this does not exist in Portal 10.9.1.

Since I can't edit in Experience Builder, and using the older map based apps like WAB, which do not support the symbology and other things in the data and maps, my last resort was going to be trying to have web based editors be able to update points through a map viewer window...but all 30 fields are unlocked for editing.

I have a separate Field Maps web map pointing to Field Maps just fine, but it seems like I will not be able to get a solid solution for web editing due to an impasse in Esri's timelines between new and old map viewer based features. I may have to significantly change my symbology to make it "work", albeit less intuitive and easy to understand.

Is this a feature that won't be out until the next Enterprise version, or maybe through a patch before then?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The forms authored in the Field Maps web app also work in Map Viewer.  You just have to configure them in the Field Maps web app since the configuration aspect did not make it into Map Viewer for 10.9.1.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The forms authored in the Field Maps web app also work in Map Viewer.  You just have to configure them in the Field Maps web app since the configuration aspect did not make it into Map Viewer for 10.9.1.

BrendonJoyce1
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User Thank you for this workaround, I just noticed that my Field Maps form was reset. Remade it and now it is showing up when editing in the web map. I think this will have to do until future updates for better web editing with newer map/apps!

Thanks!

0 Kudos