Move text label to different spot

Jump to solution
10-12-2012 12:10 PM
StephenAtkins1
New Contributor II
Hello everyone.  I'm fairly new to ArcMap and so far it's been pretty easy to learn using the online tutorials and such.  But I ran in to a problem today that I'm not sure how to fix.

I have some way points that I've imported from a GPS as a shape file.  They show up just fine.  The problem is when I put on the labels for our roads one of the road numbers is right over top of a couple of points.  I thought ArcMap would just move the highway symbol to a different place on the line as there is lots of space and no other points seem to be in the way.

So my question is: Is it possible to manually move just this one label?  What other tricks/settings might I be able to use to make it not hide these two points?

Thanks
Stephen
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Format your labels as you'd like them to be, then convert your labels to annotation which will allow you to move them wherever you'd like on the map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Format your labels as you'd like them to be, then convert your labels to annotation which will allow you to move them wherever you'd like on the map.
0 Kudos
StephenAtkins1
New Contributor II
Thanks that worked like a treat.

Stephen
0 Kudos