Move point location

09-01-2015 08:11 AM
MatthewMurray1
New Contributor III

I have a point Feature service which has editing capabilities enabled. Is there a way my users can actually move the location of the points as well as update the attributes?

Currently I can only figure out how to update the attributes

Matt

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt,

If you navigate to the feature service in Portal for ArcGIS and click Edit, you will be presented with some options for Editing:

screen1.PNG

0 Kudos
MatthewMurray1
New Contributor III

Hi Jeff,

It  a matter of being able to actually move the point. I have given full editing options but an unclear if the user can actually change the location of an existing point without actually deleting and recreating it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the user should be able to click and drag/drop the point to a new location.

MatthewMurray1
New Contributor III

Hi Jake,

I was trying to do that but the map was panning each time. It turns out that to move the point you must hold Ctrl on the keyboard while clicking and dragging.

Thanks for you help getting me on the right track.

0 Kudos
JadeFreeman
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having the same issue (seems to only have begun recently) except holding Ctrl does not work.  I see the move cursor but the map pans.  Happens across multiple browsers.  Also, if the map is in "Edit" mode, I cannot select an existing feature to edit.  I can see the call go out to the attachment service for the feature but I never see a popup displayed.

The only way we are able to edit points is in ArcMap or Collector.

0 Kudos