Migrating portal to new machine using site join error: The content directory has no items directory

Jump to solution
10-19-2021 06:30 AM
mrkntrci
New Contributor II

I'm trying to migrate our portal from one machine to another.

In the first machine Arcgis Enterprise 10.8.1 is installed with enterprise builder.

I'm following Migrate to a new machine in ArcGIS Enterprise to achieve migration.

I've completed Step 1 by creating a new content file and shared with the network. I confirmed that I can reach this folder from machine 2

In the second step, I've installed the portal for Arcgis 10.8.1 and opened the necessary ports for connection in both machines.

On the third step while I'm trying to join my primary machine I'm getting the following error;

"There was an error when attempting to join the existing portal.

The content directory has no items directory."

I've read This post  to find some answers and I'm a bit afraid if I've run into BUG-000104178

I have too much content in machine 1 and I'd really appreciate any help.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mrkntrci
New Contributor II

Update: We will be using the webgisdr tool for migration.

Thanks for the answer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

When you installed, you used different paths for the "default content directory" path? If so, you'll need to reinstall on your joining machine. Your original machine doesn't need to be modified. The other approach is use the DR tool instead of joinSite, since the directories don't need to match.

0 Kudos
mrkntrci
New Contributor II

Update: We will be using the webgisdr tool for migration.

Thanks for the answer

0 Kudos