Lines that don't belong on printed map

02-08-2013 07:08 AM
ErinNovakovich
New Contributor III
I am making a map that has a lot of layers and is really big (120"x60"). This map requires me to use a certain polygon layer twice (Canadian Boundaries). Everything looks fine on the .mxd and the .pdf files. However, when I print, it has long lines that stretch across large areas where they do not belong. Attached is a photo of an area of the printed map where this is occurring.
I have tried looking for a different set of data, and generalizing (100m) to get rid of excess vertices. Neither of which have helped, the new data did the same thing and the generalizing made large slivers.
Does anyone have any ideas or a work around?
GIS Analyst for AK
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoshuaDamron
Occasional Contributor III
Everything looks fine on the .mxd and the .pdf files. However, when I print, it has long lines that stretch across large areas where they do not belong.

Using a layer multiple times shouldn't be an issue.

So you can print to .PDF with no problem.  Do you get the lines when you print your .pdf to the massivley awsome printer or just when you print from the .mxd to the massively awesome printer??  As you probably know, often if ArcGIS is spitting out funky lines it will spit them out regardless of the destination printer (in your case .pdf or hard copy).

I have experinced slightly similar issues in the past and each time I ended up finding that it was an issue with the printer driver.  I would encourage you to check to see that your drivers are up to date and/or if there aren't new drivers available.

Post back letting the Forums know if printing .pdf to paper printer is working or not and we'll trouble shoot from there.
0 Kudos