Select to view content in your preferred language

license manager 2024.0 compatible with enterprise 10.9.1

a week ago
Labels (1)
ahagopian_coj
Regular Contributor

Hello!  We are trying to use our Portal to handle Pro licensing as we move users away from ArcMap. When we installed our Enterprise 10.9.1, we installed License Manager 2021.1. This version only allows licensing up to Pro 2.9.  Well Pro pushes pretty heavily at users to constantly upgrade resulting in some users having 3.2 and 3.3 on their machines. Since our license manager can't issue those licenses we have to use our AGOL account making it a bit of a headache. License manager 2024.0 can issue the 3.2 and 3.3 licenses so I was hoping to do a in-place upgrade. Does anyone know if it is compatible with 10.9.1?  I can't find anything in ESRI's documentation addressing this specific topic.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnLivengood
Occasional Contributor

I don't believe there is a specific conflict between the license manager and enterprise versions.  There may be a conflict between ArcGIS Pro and Enterprise versions.  For instance, 3.2 implemented new field data types (date/time).  These are not compatible with enterprise geodatabases that haven't been upgraded.  Generally, it's good practice to keep ArcGIS Pro and Enterprise at the same level but depends on your users workflow.  Are they mostly stand-alone users, do they publish web services, do they use an enterprise geodatabase, etc.    

One thing I do is block the "check for updates" when I install users desktop software.  That way users aren't trying to update beyond the current version of Enterprise installed.  

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

My org has been working with this setup for ArcMap for at least a year, so it does work.  Not sure if you would need to make any tweaks, but it was seamless for my org.

0 Kudos
MarleyGeddes
Esri Contributor

Hi there!

You can find a compatibility matrix between ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise and the ArcGIS License Manager here: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-arcgis-pro-licenses.htm

In short, to use ArcGIS Pro 3.2 or 3.3 with your ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1, you will need ArcGIS License Manager 2024.0 or later.

Thank you,
Marley