Leader lines not rendering properly when converted to PDF

10-25-2013 10:44 AM
KelseyKaszas1
New Contributor
This is very puzzling, I have an annotation feature class stored in a geodatabase that contains labels with leader lines.

The leader lines show up perfectly in the .mxd, it is only when I export to PDF that there is intermittent rendering of the leader lines. The puzzling part is that it works for some leader lines and not for others. The actually text of the annotation shows up in every single instance. A portion of the leader line stemming from the text shows up in every instance as well, it is only whether or not the leader line is completed that seems to be the symptom.

Please let me know if you need anymore info to help diagnose the problem.

Here is an example of the leader line on the left not being completed and the leader line on the right rendering correctly:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28626[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanielRoberts1
New Contributor

This is still happening 3 years on. Has there been any response to this yet?

0 Kudos
StaceyRombough
New Contributor

I found a solution for my particular instance. If the annotation with leaders is grouped in the table of contents with imagery or other layers that have special symbology (eg hatching or transparency) the leaders rasterize when pdf'd. Change the grouping and the text should come out clear and complete.

0 Kudos
Tim_StærkFendrich1
New Contributor II

I found the same behavoir and solution! I can even reproduce the error, if I put the annotation back in the group.

Leader lines disappear at plot or export of map 

0 Kudos