Is there a log file where admin can see which users accessed individual Portal Web Maps

Jump to solution
08-31-2022 06:22 AM
PaulLandman
New Contributor II

Our Data Security Officer is asking that the activity of all users of secured and sensitive datasets are logged.  This will enable  us to produce a report with details of who accessed the Portal web app, and when.  Is this information stored in a Log File somewhere on our Federated Enterprise Environment?  If so, how easy is it to access and report from?

We have ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Mannus_Etten
New Contributor III

I believe this information is not available. But maybe you can try to dive through the weblogs of the webserver. If it is IIS you will find some access logs and maybe the origin ip-address is there as well for a request.

CEO the Right Direction BV/Portal Genius

View solution in original post

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

This type of information might be available in AGOL, but I do not think it is available in Portal 10.7.1.  I'm not even sure it is available in the latest version of Portal, whatever that may be.  I would consult with ESRI tech support to see if this is available in any version of Portal at this time.  If the answer is no, then I would create an idea for this capability.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mannus_Etten
New Contributor III

I believe this information is not available. But maybe you can try to dive through the weblogs of the webserver. If it is IIS you will find some access logs and maybe the origin ip-address is there as well for a request.

CEO the Right Direction BV/Portal Genius
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

This type of information might be available in AGOL, but I do not think it is available in Portal 10.7.1.  I'm not even sure it is available in the latest version of Portal, whatever that may be.  I would consult with ESRI tech support to see if this is available in any version of Portal at this time.  If the answer is no, then I would create an idea for this capability.

PaulLandman
New Contributor II

Thank you both for your replies.

0 Kudos
SteveF
by
New Contributor III

Hi, just wondering if you received an answer from tech support?  I'm interested in this capability as well.

0 Kudos