Is it possible to copy services and web maps/apps from Portal 10.4 to Portal 10.5.1?

11-14-2017 07:11 AM
ShannonGrumbly2
New Contributor III

Our Portal 10.4 has many services, web maps, apps, folders, etc already set up. Instead of duplicating the work, we are wondering (and hoping!) that there is an easy way to republish these to our 10.5.1 Server and easily bring in the pop-up configurations, refresh intervals, etc of our existing maps and apps. I hear that the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder assists with this process but we already have 10.5.1 set up and configured.

Please let me know. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I assume your URLs change between your two portal installations?  There are a few approaches:

Example: Copy content—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise

ArcGIS Online Assistant 

There's also something called GeoJobe which I think has some capabilities:

http://www.geo-jobe.com/tools/migrate-users-in-arcgis-online-or-portal-to-active-directory-users/

The link above doesn't exactly capture what you're doing but it's in the same vein.

Can you go into more detail about your environment, for example, why you're moving to a new version on a separate machine instead of doing an in-place upgrade, if the URLs for accessing the Portal and federated Server will change, etc?

0 Kudos