Is ArcGIS Portal avaliable on Workgroup Deployment Method?

03-03-2016 02:22 PM
deleted-user-0W0-oLHxDjCX
New Contributor III

Hello everyone

I was wondering here if ArcGIS Portal licensing method is available on ArcGIS Server Standard Workgroup?

If someone could support with an answer please provide me a documentation that supports that affirmation.

Sincerely

Ezequias Rocha

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

It says so in the documentation of 10.3

Portal for ArcGIS Server Extension | Overview

Portal for ArcGIS, which is included with ArcGIS for Server Standard and Advanced, provides the same great experience as ArcGIS Online but within your infrastructure (on-premises or in the cloud).

...but that doesn't mention Workgroup...  So I am not sure.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I'm going to guess yes from looking at this page:

Extensions | ArcGIS for Server

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes. Added to the above information is the fact that you get 10 named users in Portal if it's workgroup.

http://www.esri.com/~/media/files/pdfs/library/brochures/pdfs/arcgis-server-functionality-matrix.pdf... Page - 6

deleted-user-0W0-oLHxDjCX
New Contributor III

Aravind Sivasailam I think you are right. I assume that de the workgroup is only a deployment method. The only restriction are the size of geodatabase and number of connections.

Would be nice if Esri where more accurate about the model of acquisition.

Best regards

Ezequias Rocha

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ezequias,

Could you give me some more information on what model of acquisition means?

Thanks,Aravind

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I guess, with each ArcGIS Server Std Workgroup, although you can implement up to 10 named users (Maximum Limit), but you are entitled to only 5 named users. So 5-named users is what you get by default, with each ArcGIS Svr. Std. Workgoup license.

Think Location
0 Kudos