Invalid token when Launching Portal for ArcGIS

10-13-2015 10:19 AM
RavinHasseea
New Contributor

Hi I have just installed Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 on a WIndows 2008 R2 server and

authorised successfully.

No WebAdaptor is installed yet on server.

When launching the Portal for ArcGIS application, I get a blank page, hence cannot create initial account yet.

The redirected url is

https://<servername>:7443/arcgis/home/signin.html?error=498&returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2F<servername>%3A7...

In IE Developer tools, following error is displayed

LOG: cdn server url: https://<servername>:7443/arcgis/home/10.3.1

Error: Invalid token.

Error: Invalid token.

The Portal for ArcGIS service is running. The log file in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\framework\runtime\tomcat\logs

contains following:

This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Oct 13, 2015 6:07:34 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

SEVERE: The web application [/arcgis/indexserver] appears to have started a thread named [ClientNotifForwarder-2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Oct 13, 2015 6:07:34 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks

SEVERE: The web application [/arcgis/indexserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.jgroups.protocols.FC$1] (value [org.jgroups.protocols.FC$1@1dddda19]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

Oct 13, 2015 6:07:34 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks

SEVERE: The web application [/arcgis/indexserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.jgroups.protocols.FC$1] (value [org.jgroups.protocols.FC$1@5019aea0]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/arcgis/indexserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.jgroups.protocols.FC$1] (value [org.jgroups.protocols.FC$1@4617b375]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/arcgis/indexserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.jgroups.protocols.FC$1] (value [org.jgroups.protocols.FC$1@3e06ea46]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

I believe you need to have the web adaptor installed and possibly sounds like a security certificate issue to me.

Make sure Server and Portal are on the exact same version if the server is hosting for your portal.

See this thread:

Blank page after installing Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.

0 Kudos
RavinHasseea
New Contributor

Hi, I don't have web adaptor installed. I don't think you need this to install Portal for ArcGIS as I have Portal installed on a different server, which works perfectly.

I have also created a new certificate in IIS and set the bindings.

Also https://server.domain brings up IIS page correctly.

I have added the certificate to Trusted Root.

I have also tried restart server and did repair of the install of Portal - still doesn't work.

There is no hosted server yet configured with the portal.

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle
Occasional Contributor III

Ravin,

You have to have Web Adapter installed for Portal to work.  About the ArcGIS Web Adaptor—Portal for ArcGIS (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server first line specifies: ArcGIS Web Adaptor is a required component of Portal for ArcGIS...

It sounds like you skipped the following steps outline here: About the initial administrator account—Portal for ArcGIS (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server Portal does not let you go any further until you setup the initial Administrator account.

In addition, Portal does not run on IIS, you need a web adapter to run in IIS that serves as a reverse proxy to Portal.

I also see you're using IE, i've had mixed results with IE and Portal setup playing well together, I'd consider using Firefox or Chrome.

0 Kudos