How to script individual layer settings in each Portal widget?

03-18-2019 11:09 AM
juliaharrell2
New Contributor II

In Developer edition WebApp Builder / Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise, is it possible to script individual settings for each map layer in all your widgets (display, query, editing, etc), and if so, can someone point out a nice, clear (well commented) example that shows how to do this? 

We have a dozen or so Portal web apps that are identical (or should be), except for the city they cover. However, with the manual approach to tweaking widget settings, it has proven difficult to keep everything in sync across all the cities, with multiple staff making edits over time.

We'd like to be able to develop a set of scripts (python ideally) that we can run against all the portal apps periodically to make sure all settings for all layers remain consistent.  We've looked at  the various API documentation but it just isn't clear to us yet whether this level of granularity is supported. 

TIA for any assistance anyone can provide in this matter!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julia,

> In Developer edition WebApp Builder / Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise, is it possible to script individual settings for each map layer in all your widgets (display, query, editing, etc) ...

To verify, I think you're asking if it is possible to write a script that will automatically apply to a deployed Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS app and "auto-configure" its widgets, is that correct?

I'm fairly certain this is not possible - definitely not for Web AppBuilder embedded within Portal for ArcGIS, and I'm not aware of any such API with Web AppBuilder Developer Edition. Sorry.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos