How to make a group NOT allow members from other organizations

11-23-2022 10:08 AM
Labels (1)
AL_77
by
New Contributor III

Hello, 

We recently upgraded to 11.0. I notice that some of the groups when I go to share items will have an Icon saying " Any organization: This group allows members from any organization?" . Really my question is, after comparing the groups, I do not understand why this is for some groups and not others. Where is this set?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshuaSharp-Heward
Occasional Contributor III

Not on 11.0 personally but if it's similar to ArcGIS Online then in the group settings under Group Membership there is an setting called "Who can be in this group?", which can either be set to "My organization's members only" or "Any organization's members". For us this is what defines whether the "Any organization: This group allows members from any organization?" icon appears or not. Hope that helps!

AL_77
by
New Contributor III

Hi @JoshuaSharp-Heward , I appreciate your reply. Unfortunately, that isn't how the group is set up. I have shared screen shots of one of the groups. GIS Admin Service Accounts is showing as allows Any Organization along with the settings. 

Stacey_Crowe
MVP

Do you ever figure out how your group receive the setting of " Any organization: This group allows members from any organization?".  We are on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and trying to figure out why some of our groups have this setting.  Thank you any help.

0 Kudos
AL_77
by
New Contributor III

No. I have since upgraded to 11.1 with the same. 

0 Kudos