Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted feature layer view symbology update

Jump to solution
03-27-2024 07:23 AM
mshanaghan
Frequent Contributor

I overwrote a hosted feature layer from Pro because I wanted to use updated custom symbology from Pro. The layer overwrote fine and the symbology looked great.

I expected the hosted feature layer view of this layer to inherit the updated symbology, but it did not. I went to the view's settings and clicked "Update View", but the symbology did not update. 

I cannot change the symbology in the view's web map because this is a custom symbol that is not available on the portal. 

Is my only option to create a new view of this overwritten layer? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes you will have to recreate it or open the view layer in Pro and symbolize it that way since that view layer is technically independent. There are scripts you could probably find do to this as well.

"However, because the view is a separate item, you can change properties and settings on the view item separately from the hosted feature layer item from which it is created. " - Esri

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes you will have to recreate it or open the view layer in Pro and symbolize it that way since that view layer is technically independent. There are scripts you could probably find do to this as well.

"However, because the view is a separate item, you can change properties and settings on the view item separately from the hosted feature layer item from which it is created. " - Esri

AnaisSchaenzel
Esri Contributor

@Laura what version of Enterprise was this feature added?

I am attempting to update symbology of a hosted views on Enterprise 11.1 using the method you have mentioned (from ArcGIS Pro), however it does not seem to save these changes to the view in portal.

0 Kudos