Help ArcGIS Portal is not lunching

07-07-2017 08:09 AM
Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Greetings, 

Please help I have been struggling with this for days, after successfully installing and authorizing ArcGIS Portal.I choose the selected Create  New Portal option filled the needed information then clicked Create...

A page popped out informing me that the portal has been created and would need some minutes to restart... 

I have been waiting for days now for the portal to load,  but the portal has not restarted or load.

Please I need help on this.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Close and reopen the browser. Try installing/configuring the web adaptor with Portal using the credentials of Initial Administrator. If it gets configured correctly, you can open the homepage of Portal for ArcGIS.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should post your query as a question, not discussion, as questions will attract more attention than discussions.

Think Location
0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Have you rebooted the server?

Give us more info please on your setup. Version, OS, hardware, what's installed on the box (portal, AGS, etc...)

-Paul Davidson

0 Kudos
Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Am running it on  Windows Server 2012 r2, Hard drive 2tb. Ram 32G, using Google Chrome, https

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

What version of Portal?  Do you have a Web Adaptor?  Hard to help without understanding of the environment.

And try using IE rather than Chrome.  If you want to use Chrome and you're on <10.5, then you need to find the patch.

Even then, I've seen issues with Chrome, especially with HTTPS/SSL

If you're using a self-assigned certificate, I suggest you don't.  They're known to create issues.

Personally, I'd recommend using the Chef cookbooks for the installation.  It helps get a consistent and known installation and will make future upgrades a lot easier.

Good luck.

0 Kudos