HA Portal 10.8.1, Failed to validate license counts. java.lang.RuntimeException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The connection attempt failed

02-08-2023 04:11 AM
Labels (1)
Taladi
by
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1, HA, Multi-machine Deployment, Getting below SEVERE messages randomly from portal machines.

Failed to validate license counts. Failed to validate license counts.

Failed to validate license counts. java.lang.RuntimeException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Could not find a server with specified targetServerType: master

Failed to validate license counts. java.lang.RuntimeException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The connection attempt failed.

Did anyone observe this in 10.8/10.8.1? What could cause this? Any suggestions Please?

Taladi_0-1675857773309.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

I haven't seen this before, but I'm intrigued by:

Could not find a server with specified targetServerType: master

Essentially you have two portal installs in HA.  The web components of which are running active/active.  But each has a database for indexing content.  That database is sync'd between the two but only one is ever master, with the other in standby.  So the master DB could be on portal 1, and web transactions to portal 1 and 2 communicate with it.  Under black-box circumstances the DB can failover to portal 2.  Portal 1 and Portal 2 web components should be aware and point to the right machine. 

My first guess would be to say that it looks like one of those machines can't speak to the 'other' database.  Which could mean that there's a firewall rule issue or something.  

Is this a fairly recent thing that you've noticed or has it happened since Day 1?  If it is recent then what has changed on those machines?

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
0 Kudos
kh-swathi
New Contributor

testing

0 Kudos