Grid lines on top of labels

Jump to solution
12-21-2013 06:46 AM
BradleySmith2
New Contributor III
I recently created a map with a UTM grid. Unfortunately, the grid lines appear over the top of several labels in my map (See example).  Is there anyway to fix this and have the labels on top of the grid lines instead?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30060[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BradleySmith2
New Contributor III
Thanks for all of the suggestions.  After further research, it appears that I need to use the "Make Grids and Graticules Layer" tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
I am not sure but I would suspect the order that you created the labels and grid lines might have something to do with it.  Did you label first or last?
0 Kudos
BradleySmith2
New Contributor III
I am not sure but I would suspect the order that you created the labels and grid lines might have something to do with it.  Did you label first or last?

I created the grid lines first.
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
You can create a grid using polyline rather than using the grid in Data Frame. After creating a grid using polyline, you have to check 'Do not show lines or ticks' in 'Reference System Properties' under 'Lines'.
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Make sure the layer are labeling with is on top.

Make sure you labels are not set to background draw first.

then either mask your labels with a really small halo or a really tight box.

I recently created a map with a UTM grid. Unfortunately, the grid lines appear over the top of several labels in my map (See example).  Is there anyway to fix this and have the labels on top of the grid lines instead?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30060[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
BradleySmith2
New Contributor III
Thanks for all of the suggestions.  After further research, it appears that I need to use the "Make Grids and Graticules Layer" tool.
0 Kudos